HELLO! Welcome to Totally Translations!
We cherish and respect your privacy just the same way we presume you cherish and respect ours. Here at Totallytranslations.com (“Totally Translations”), we would help you to better understand and appreciate how we gather, record, use and share your personal information (“Information”). Totally Translations is a global organisation and by accessing our website, you agree that any information that you will provide to us will be stored in Hong Kong and consequently handled in the way and manner stated in this Policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT
We may at anytime request, gather and process the following information –
- Email address
- Information on how users found the website
- Users’ IP address
- Users’ browsing history on our site
MODE, PLACE AND HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
During the course of exploring and making use of our services, we will ask you for some information which will aid and help us improve and deliver quality and reliable services to you. This request can be oral or written and you shall be duly notified.
Security is vital to us and this is why we make use of modern security measures to ensure that there is no unauthorised access, use or destruction of this information. We use computers and/or IT enabled tools to request and process this information in total compliance to regulatory standards and procedure. In certain cases, this information can be disclosed to third-party agents involved in the operation of our services (Administrative, Technical and Legal). The user can request for the list of these third-party agents.
This information is gathered and processed at any of our offices or any place where the parties directly involved in the gathering and processing are located.
We use this requested information to in turn deliver effective services to you. These services include but are not limited to the following –
- Provision of services that you have requested for;
- Provision of support in a technical or otherwise requested form;
- Response to your complaints, enquiries and recommendations;
- Compliance to regulatory or legal obligations;
- Improvement of our various platforms through research and analysis;
- Promotion of all or any of our products;
- Any other service which you consent and request for unless your consent was withheld.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The reasons why we will process your information will include but surely not limited to the following –
- When user has expressly given consent that such information should be used in the way and manner described;
- When it is necessary that such information be processed in actualisation of a contract or agreement which the user is a party to;
- If such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligation;
- Where such processing is vital to protect the interest of our user or the general public;
- Where such processing is pivotal in pursing our legitimate interest without infringing on the rights of our users.
RIGHTS OF THE USERS
Users are at liberty to exercise any or all of the following rights –
- Opt – out or withdraw their consent at any time
- Request for access to their information
- Request for a temporary halt in the processing of their information
- Request for erasure of any or all of their information
- Request the verify, review or seek amendment of their information
- Request for their information and have it forwarded to another controller
- Lodge a complaint at a competent data protection authority.
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
Information can be retained and used by Totally Translations as long as required for the purpose which it was requested for. We will hold this information up and until the contract we have with our users have been fully performed. In the event where such information is needed to be kept for a longer period, this must be in order to achieve a legitimate purpose of ours. Such information will be kept until the legitimate purpose is actualised. We can also hold this information for a longer time if the user consents or by an order of a regulatory or legal authority.
The information shall be deleted at the expiration of the retention period.
Totally Translations can use the information provided by the users in a competent court of law at its requisition or where there has been an inappropriate act or a breach of a fundamental or all of the contractual terms.
SYSTEM LOGS AND MAINTENANCE
We may make use of system logs, IP address and other cookies that may be the resultant effect of a scheduled maintenance and operation upgrade.
GOOGLE DART COOKIES
Google is one of our third-party vendors. Google uses DART cookies to show our visitors ads based on their past visits to our website (“www.Totallytranslations.com”) and any other website. They automatically receive your IP address when this happens. Please note that is to ensure that Google improve the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and also personalise your ad experience based on your site preference. Visitors can choose to decline such DART cookies by visiting Google Ads Setting via the following url: http://google.com/settings/ads/onweb/optout?hl=en
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
We ensure that we protect the privacy of children. Therefore, we do not collect any information from children under the age of 13. If your child has submitted any information to us, kindly contact us so that we can abruptly discard such information from our system.
CONTACT OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICERS
In compliance with the GDPR, you can channel all your enquiries, complaints and recommendations relating to how we handle and process your information to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) as follows –